1. Melt butter in largest pot possible. Add rice and stir until toasted over a medium heat.
2. Add saffron to rice in pot. Add boiling chicken stock to half cooked rice (agitate occasionally).
3. Remove rice from pot and lay out on a flat tray to cool. Place in fridge until needed.
4. Place sliced fennel into large bowl, season with maldon salt, add lemon juice and stir through. Set aside until ready to serve.
1. Place squid on dish cloth to draw any excess moisture out.
2. Heat up non-stick pan over high heat. Add olive oil and warm.
3. Place squid into hot pan and cook for 20 seconds.
4. Gently warm rice in pot, adding 1 ladle of hot chicken stock and stir through with spatula.
5. Once warm add mascarpone to pot and stir to combine. Then add grated cheese and stir to combine. Season to taste if necessary.
1. Place ladle of risotto into serving bowl. Add fennel and pea shoots.
2. Top with hot baby squid, ready to serve.