Recipe by Ina Garten
- 110g unsalted butter
- 700g fresh yellow corn kernels cut off the cob (6 to 8 ears)
- 1 onion,
- 4 extra large eggs
- 250ml milk
- 250ml single cream
- 80g yellow polenta
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsps fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 170g extra-sharp cheddar, plus extra to sprinkle on top
How to make Sagaponack corn pudding
1) Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5. Grease the inside of an 1-1.5L baking dish.
2) Melt the butter in a very large saute pan and saute the corn and onion over medium-high heat for 4 minutes. Cool slightly.
3)together the eggs, milk, and single cream in a large bowl. Slowly in the polenta and then the ricotta. Add the basil, caster sugar, salt, and pepper. Add the cooked corn mixture and cheddar, and then pour into the baking dish. Sprinkle the top with more cheddar.
4) Place the dish in a larger pan and fill the pan 1/2 way up the sides of the dish with hot tap water. Bake the pudding for 40 to 45 minutes until the top begins to brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.