1) Dip and coat chicken breast in egg then cornflake mixture. Deep-fry for 5 to 6 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
To make Bacon waffles:
1) Preheat waffle iron and coat well with nonstick spray.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and set aside. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and mix in the buttermilk, milk, vanilla and butter. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring together lightly, leaving the batter slightly lumpy. Using a 6-ounce ladle, pour the batter in the center of the hot waffle iron. Place 2 slices of cooked bacon diagonally over each other and the waffle, making an X shape. Close the waffle iron lid. Cook until golden brown and slightly crispy.
3) Remove to cutting board and cut into 4 squares. Place two waffle squares side by side on a plate then stack remaining two in the center on top of the first two. Place the chicken breasts on top of this and secure in the center of each chicken breast with a wooden skewer.
4) Top with warm maple syrup. Garnish with fried leeks and a 24-cm rosemary sprig.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.