1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. For the gravy, heat a little oil in an ovenproof dish on the hob, add the vegetables and peppercorns and fry for a couple of minutes until the start to colour. Transfer to the oven and roast for half an hour.
2. Remove the vegetables from the oven, set back on the hob over a medium heat then stir in the butter and flour. Pour in 500ml water and the marmite and stir together. Add the parsley and thyme then return to the oven for a further 20-25 minutes then strain into a warm jug.
3. Place the cauliflower head up on a chopping board, trim the leaves and a bit of the root but make sure you leave the root on. Slice 4 steaks about 2cm width, depending on size of the cauliflower. I usually square off the cauliflower first but you don’t have to.
4. Place 3 shallow trays in front of you with the flour, egg and stuffing mix, and a wire wrack set over a baking tray.
5. Carefully place the ‘steak’ in the flour making sure you press down so that the flour coats the cauliflower, repeat with the egg, sitting it in the mixture and making sure all is covered, then the stuffing mix.
6. Place on the wire rack and bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Serve with all the trimmings and the delicious veggie gravy.