2) Dip each slice into the beaten egg whites then the bread crumbs, making sure the cheese is thoroughly coated. Place the slices on a rack and chill them for at least 15 minutes.
3) Toss the salad greens with enough dressing to moisten, then divide them among six plates.
4) When ready to warm the breaded goat cheese, melt 1 tbsp of oil and 1 tbsp of butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat until just under smoking. Cook the goat cheese rounds quickly on both sides until browned on the outside but not melted inside.
5) Top each salad with two warm rounds and serve.
For the dressing:
1) Place the vinegars, caster sugar, salt, pepper and egg yolk in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and blend for 1 minute. With the motor running, slowly pour the olive oil through the feed tube until the vinaigrette is thickened. Season to taste.