- 1 sushi rice
- 1 water
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 0.25 lb salmon
- 3 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 0.50 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 4 sheets nori
How to make Salmon Sushi 101 (Sans Bamboo Mat!)
- After rinsing the rice, place rice to drain in a strainer. Drain for one hour in the winter, 30 minutes in the summer.
- Combine mirin, vinegar, salt, and sugar together in a bowl and mix well.
- Add rice and 1 C water to a pot and bring to boil. Put lid on, reduce to simmer and cook for 15 minutes. DO NOT lift lid, even after the 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, take the pot off the heat and let sit, undisturbed, for 10 more minutes.
- Place in a glass dish to cool and lightly fan the rice while adding the vinegar mixture; mix gently. Let rice cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and mayo together well.
- Cut nori into long strips and cut each strip in half.
- Cut salmon into 1-inch strips or squares.
- On a clean work surface, lay out a strip of nori and spread a thin layer of cream cheese mix (it should be thick enough for the rice to stick - barely see through).
- Sprinkle on a pinch of garlic powder, or to taste.
- Spread layer of rice over the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle on a pinch, or to taste, of black pepper and minced onions.
- Lay a piece of salmon in the middle of the prepared nori strip, on top of everything.
- Pull ends together so that they meet. You will have a roll. Press gently on the seam to seal it.
- Arrange on attractive plate and enjoy!
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Vegetable sushi
- Crab, avocado and mango roll
- Colonnade Restaurant: Redneck sushi...
- Fun Salmon Hand Roll
- Sashimi Napoleon
- Prawn sushi rolls
- Epicurean Cowboy Spice Rubbed, Ceda...
- Parmigiano Reggiano Canapés with H...
- Tempura avocado with prawns
- Vegetable sushi rolls for all ages
- Japanese vegetable and rice stuffed...
- Sushi rice