2) Take eight baby courgettes and blanch in salted water until tender. Puree in blender until smooth.
3) Place the fennel and remaining courgette and squash in a small pan and cover with vegetable stock. Add 30g of butter and braise over low heat until tender. Season with salt.
4) Place all ingredients for pea pesto except the olive oil into a blender and process until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the extra-virgin olive oil.
5) Place the salt block directly on the stove top and heat until hot about 5 minutes. Toss the tuna in olive oil and season with salt, fennel pollen and pepper. Place in a cryovac bag and cook, sous vide-style, at 55C/Gas 1/3 for 10 minutes. Remove from the bag and quickly sear the tuna on the salt block on all four sides.
6) Dip the blossoms in the beer batter and fry at 180C until golden brown.
Smear the pesto across the plate and arrange the vegetables in the pesto. Slice the tuna thinly and place around the vegetables. Serve alongside fennel, courgettes, pesto and garnishes.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.