Made this? How was it?
- 400g mixed blanched and refreshed vegetables, such as broccoli florets, cauliflower florets, carrot rounds, French beans, or radish quarters
- 30g unsalted
- 2 tbsp water
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper
How to make Sauteed vegetable medley
1) Toss vegetables together in a medium bowl.
2) In a medium saute pan, heat the and water together over medium heat. Add the vegetables to the pan and turn the heat to medium high. Toss the vegetables, by gently moving the pan back and forth over the flame.
3) Cook the vegetables for 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the vegetables to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
1) Cook the vegetables in 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or , without the water. Do this over high heat and brown and crisp the vegetables slightly.
2) Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, minced shallot, a teaspoon of peeled fresh ginger to the pan before adding the vegetables.
3) Enhance the vegetables at the end of cooking with a tablespoon or so of minced fresh herbs, like flat-leaf parsley, dill, mint, basil, coriander, or thyme.
To blanch and refresh vegetables:
1) Bring a large pot of water to the boil and salt it generously. Fill a large bowl with ice water, and put a colander or large sieve in it. Add the vegetables to the boiling water and cook, uncovered, until crisp tender, or to desired degree of doneness.
2) Scoop the vegetables from the water and immediately put them in the ice water, to stop cooking and set the colour.
3) Cool and drain, and use as desired.
When blanching a mix of vegetables, don't cook them together since they may not all cook at the same time. Start with the lightest coloured or mildest flavoured vegetable, and blanch and refresh each vegetable, one after the other.
- Steamed vegetables with mojo sauce
- Steamed vegetables with ponzu sauce...
- Cauliflower with brown butter
- Root vegetable hash with horseradis...
- Steamed vegetables with tomato and....
- Sicilian-style Cauliflower with Who...
- Sauteed broccoli
- Steamed vegetables with ginger miso...
- Home fries
- Wilted chard
- Wilted greens