1) Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat.
2) Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, add to the pan and cook until browned, about two minutes per side.
3) Meanwhile combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar and orange juice in a small bowl and set aside. When the chicken is browned, transfer to a plate and set aside.
4) Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the chicken stock, the soy sauce mixture, and the peaches to the pan. Turn the heat up to high and cook, uncovered, for about six minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce is nicely thickened and the peaches soften.
5) Add the chicken back to the pan with the sauce, turn the heat down to moderate-low, cover and cook for about five minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
6) In the meantime, toast the almonds in a dry frying pan over a medium-high heat stirring frequently, until golden brown and fragrant, about two minutes.
7) Serve the chicken topped with the sauce and sprinkled with the toasted almonds.