1. Steam a whole large crab leave to cool then pick out the meat, keeping the white meat and brown meat separate.
2. Dice the scallops. Briefly sear the scallops in a hot pan and add the rice wine vinegar and soy sauce, and then set aside and leave to cool in a bowl.
3. Deep fry the dried shrimp so that they’re crisp in a little oil. Remove from heat and drain on kitchen towel and finely chop.
4. Take the crab and separate the white and brown meat.
5. Remove the brown meat for the broth and wash and use the shell to serve the dish if you wish.
6. Pick all the white meat out using the back of a teaspoon and put into a bowl and leave to one side.
7. Add the vegetable stock to a pan and season with salt and pepper and add the sliced ginger, chopped spring onions and brown crab meat and put on to the hob to simmer whilst you prepare the rest of the dish.
8. Heat the peanut oil in a wok and add the grated garlic and grated ginger, stir. Add the Shaoxing rice wine, then half the dried shrimp and the Gai lan and stir and then add the cooked jasmine rice and stir through again and then add the scallops and their juices. Add a little bit of salt and ground white pepper and remove from the heat.
9. Drizzle a little bit of chilli oil over the rice mixture and stir through and then add the fresh white crab meat and toss it through.
10. Serve the mixture in the cleaned crab shell and garnish with the rest of the dried shrimp and herbs and serve with a bowl of the brown crab meat broth.