1. For the dipping sauce: In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the dipping sauce and set aside.
2. For the batter: In a large bowl, gently whisk together the first six ingredients until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients, and mix to coat well and evenly.
3. Heat the 3 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
4. Once hot, spoon in one-third of the batter and spread out evenly to make a rectangular pancake measuring about 6x7 inches/15x18 centimeters.
5. Fry until golden brown and crispy on the bottom, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip over carefully and cook until the other side is golden, another 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
6. Working in batches, make two more pancakes, drizzling in more oil as necessary, about 2-3 tablespoons per pancake and adjusting the heat down as needed.
7. Cut the pancakes into pieces of desired size and transfer to a serving plate.
8. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.