1) Preheat oven to 200C/Gas 6. Place the fillets on a sheet tray or rack so the fish can release its natural juices.
2) Place the breadcrumbs into a shallow dish. In a separate shallow dish, add two beaten eggs. Season both sides of the fillet with salt and pepper. Once seasoned, brush the belly side of the cod with the egg. Dip the egg side into the breadcrumbs.
3) In a cast iron skillet, add grapeseed oil. Before placing fish into pan, make sure the skillet is very hot. Sear only one side of the fish (the side with the breadcrumbs). Once one side is seared, place the skillet in the oven for about 3-4 minutes until cooked.
4) Once the fish is cooked, flip it over and add the lemon juice, butter and sprig of thyme. Let melt and baste the fish with the juice.
Pour over the butter sauce and serve.
1) In saucepan, add wine, sprigs of thyme, shallot and garlic. Set on back burner to allow the wine to reduce. Once the sauce is reduced to a syrup, strain, add the double cream and lemon juice, and bring to a slight simmer.
2) Whisk in cold butter and, once melted, add the fresh chives and season with black pepper.