1) In a blender, puree the fresh uni. Fold pureed uni into the softened butter with tamari and sansho. Let chill.
2) Meanwhile, in a small saucepan reduce clam stock and white wine to 30ml.
3) In a medium bowl, place the yolks over a pot of boiling water, whisk briefly, add the reduced clam stock mixture and whisk until thickened. Slowly add chilled uni butter, add chopped tarragon and tarragon vinegar, keep warm.
4) Blanch two bunches of parsley and shock down in ice water, squeeze excess water from the parsley, rough chop, transfer to a blender with the olive oil. Puree and reserve.
1) Cut potatoes into medium cubes, boil in water until slightly overcooked, drain and cool.
2) Season the scallops with salt and pepper. In a medium pan over medium-high heat, sear the seasoned scallops.
3) Crumble potatoes into 2cm pieces, and fry in a separate medium skillet with groundnut oil until crispy. Transfer to a bowl and combine with 1 teaspoon parsley, 1 teaspoon chives, 1 teaspoon truffle oil and 1 tablespoon onion jam.
4) Press mixture into ring moulds and place in the centre of the plate, position seared scallop on top of molded potatoes and spoon uni sauce over the scallops. Garnish with micro watercress and sliced nori, drizzle parsley oil around the plate. Repeat for the remaining servings.
1) In a medium pan, add the butter and sliced yellow onions, and sweat until softened.
2) Add the red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt. Let cook down until jam-like consistency. Once ready, let cool and reserve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore we cannot make any representation as to the results.