1. Put the thighs, water, ginger, onion and carrot into a saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
2. Reduce the heat once the stock has come to the boil. Simmer for half an hour.
3. Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the chicken to cool in the stock. This will keep the chicken nice and moist.
4. In the meantime, make the dressing by grinding the sesame seeds in a pestle and mortar to a smooth paste.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to grind until you have the consistency of thick cream and set aside.
6. Remove the chicken from the cooled stock.
7. Shred the chicken using a fork discarding the skin and bones.
8. Strain the stock and discard the vegetables.
9. Put a pot of water on to boil. Add the noodles.
10. Cook the noodles until tender. Once done, drain under cold running water to remove the starch, then drain well.
11. Put the chicken, noodles, spinach and cucumber into a large mixing bowl and add ¾ of the dressing. Combine thoroughly.
12. Now arrange on individual serving bowls garnish with the remainder of the dressing, spring onions and sesame seeds.