Made this? How was it?
- 900 g bok choy
- 1 red pepper, seeded and
- 450 g skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 4 halves)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 115 ml reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 115 ml sake (rice wine)
- 2 tsps sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 60 g flaked coconut
- 450 g quick cooking jasmine rice
- 2 (400 g) tin light coconut milk
- 60 g freshly coriander leaves, for garnish
How to make Sesame red curry chicken with bok choy and sweet coconut rice
1) Arrange bok choy and red pepper in bottom of slow cooker. Season 4 chicken breast halves all over with salt and black pepper and place on top of bok choy.
2) In a small bowl,together broth, sake, sesame oil, ginger, and curry paste. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
3) In a small skillet toast flaked coconut on low heat until lightly toasted, about 5 to 8 minutes. To a medium saucepan, add rice and coconut milk and set pan over medium-high heat, bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in toasted coconut. Set aside 340 g for another recipe.
4) Spoon rice onto a serving platter. Top with chicken, bok choy, bell peppers and sauce from slow cooker. Garnish with coriander.
- Sweet coconut rice with candied gin...
- Sweet-n-sour turkey meatballs
- Cashew-crusted salmon with bok choy...
- Honey-teriyaki chicken fingers with...
- Chicken satay with rice
- Griddled prawns with coconut curry....
- Slow cooker Moroccan brisket with r...
- Grilled prawns with coconut curry d...
- Turkey-mixed greens salad with stra...
- Slow cooker chipotle-lime chicken t...
- Turkey-Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Crispy pork fried rice