- 2.75 water
- 1.50 dried split peas
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 1 ham bone
- 0.25 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 0.13 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaves
- 2 medium carrot
- 2 celery rib
- 1 medium onions
How to make Sheila's Split Pea Soup
- In a large soup pot, combine water, peas, broth, ham bone, marjoram, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove ham bone and let cool. When you are able to handle it, cut meat off the bone and dice. Discard bone (or donate to the family dog). Add diced ham to soup pot.
- Stir in carrots, celery, and onion. Return to a boil; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes more, until vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf.
(Courtesy of Food.com)
- Split pea soup with ham hocks
- Curried split pea soup
- Slow cooker split pea soup with cho...
- Parker's split pea soup
- Buttery Baby Pea Soup with Pan Gril...
- Pea Soup with Crisp Pancetta
- Lentil and split pea dip with roast...
- Rita's family matzo ball noodle sou...
- Pea and Basil Soup
- Sweet pea soup
- Ham and Pea Soup
- Lentil sausage soup