Made this? How was it?
For the cucumber-yoghurt dip:
- 1 (10-cm) piece cucumber, finely
- 1/3 low fat natural yoghurt
- 1/3 mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp hot chilli oil
For the spring rolls:
- 1 medium shallot, roughly
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 large carrot, peeled, cut into 5-cm pieces
- 1 (100g) assorted mushrooms, such as shiitake, cremini, button
- 350g medium prawns, peeled, deveined
- 2 tbsps sugar
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 16 spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cooked cellophane or bean thread noodles, cut into 5-cm pieces
- Vegetable oil, for frying
How to make Prawn spring rolls with cucumber-yoghurt dip
1) For the cucumber-yogurt dip, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2) For the spring rolls, in the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the shallot, garlic and carrot until finely . Add the mushrooms and pulse until coarsely . Add the prawns, sugar, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Pulse until the prawns are into 1cm pieces.
3) Place a spring roll wrapper on a work surface. Brush the edges with the beaten egg. Place a heaped tablespoon of the filling about 2.5cm from the closest edge of the wrapper. Spread the filling into a log, approximately 10cm long and 2.5cm wide. Place a heaped tablespoon of the cooked noodles on top.
4) Fold the closest edge of the wrapper over the filling. Fold the right and left edges of the wrapper over the filling. Roll up the spring roll tightly and place, seam side down, on a greaseproof paper-lined baking tray until ready to cook. Repeat with the remaining spring roll wrappers.
5) In a high-sided saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat until it registers 190C on a deep-fry thermometer. Cook the spring rolls, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
6) Cut the spring rolls in half diagonally and transfer to a serving platter. Serve immediately with the cucumber-yogurt dip.
- Pork-coleslaw spring rolls
- Pork spring roll with broccoli cole...
- Chicken avocado spring rolls
- Chicken and vegetable spring rolls
- Springing prawn rolls
- Vegetable rolls with chilli mayonna...
- Baked spring rolls
- Ricotta and Vanilla Ravioli with Or...
- Sweet Potato & Beetroot Crisps
- Yang Yang Crispy Beef
- Mekong prawns stir fried with pork....
- Mini Mex rolls