Recipe by: Jun Tanaka
Age Restricted Content
More Recipes You May Like
- 3 1/3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 800ml lamb stock
- A sprig of fresh rosemary
- A sprig of fresh thyme
- 3 plum tomatoes, roughly
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- 12 new potatoes, peeled, left whole
- 300ml Madeira wine
- 300ml white wine
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 4 medium carrots, peeled, thickly
- 12 button onions, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 800g lamb neck fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint, leaves
How to make Simple Lamb Casserole with New Potatoes
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
2) Heat half the vegetable oil in a frying pan. Season the lamb pieces and fry for five minutes until caramelised all over
3) Whilst the lamb is cooking, heat the remaining oil in a separate ovenproof casserole dish. Fry the button onions and carrots for three to four minutes until browned. Add the tomato puree and cook for a further two minutes.
4) Drain the lamb in a colander. Pour the white and Madeira wines into the frying pan, bring to the boil and scrape the sediment from the bottom of the pan. Add to the vegetables in the casserole dish.
To serve, spoon into large bowls and scatter over the mint leaves.
Tip: When choosing cuts of meat for a casserole, buy something with a little fat, as this will prevent the meat from becoming too dry.