2) Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan or large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the meat, press it into an even layer and brown it for 3 to 4 minutes before moving.
3) Turn the meat and add the onions and grated carrot. Stir and cook a few minutes to soften, then add the garlic, bay leaves, salt and pepper, to taste, and the cinnamon. Cook for a couple of minutes.
4) Stir in the tomato puree, wait for 1 minute then add the wine. Reduce for a minute more, then add the tomatoes, breaking them up as you stir. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the basil.
5) While the sauce simmers, in a medium saucepan melt the butter over a medium heat and whisk in the flour. Cook for 1 minute, then whisk in the milk and nutmeg, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Allow to cook for a couple of minutes to thicken, then stir in 50g of the grated cheese and turn off the heat.
6) Preheat a grilling element. Add the meat sauce to the bowl with the pasta and toss. Layer half the pasta into a lasagna dish and scatter with dollops of fresh ricotta cheese. Top with the remaining pasta.
7) Pour the white sauce over the pasta and scatter the remaining grated cheese over the top. Put under the grilling element to brown and bubble. Remove from the oven and serve.