Age Restricted Content
- 900g chicken, coarsely minced
- 3 tbsp chilli powder, plus 2 tsp
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 to 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce with seeds,
- 45g instant tapioca (recommended: Minute tapioca)
- 1 (425g) tin low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 285g), peeled and shredded
- 2 (795g) tins fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (425g) tin haricot beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (425g) tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 120ml to175ml lager (optional)
- Suggested toppings:
- Sour cream
- Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- spring onions
How to make Slow cooker chicken chilli
1) Put the chicken in the slow cooker. Add 3 tablespoons of the chilli powder and all the rest of the ingredients, except the beer. Stir everything together, cover, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
2) Just before serving, stir in the remaining 2 teaspoons of chilli powder and the beer, if using. Season with more salt and pepper, to taste, if desired.
3) Divide the chilli among warm bowls and serve with the topping of your choice.
Know-How: Stirring in chilli powder just before serving brightens the flavour of the chilli.