- 400g tin tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- One 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 450g red skinned potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1kg chicken thighs, skin removed and discarded (about 8 thighs)
- 150g baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, plus extra for garnish
How to make Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
Combine the tomatoes with their juices, 2 tablespoons vinegar, flour, tomato paste, 1 teaspoon garam masala, ginger, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in the carafe of a blender or in a food processor. Puree until well blended and only slightly chunky. Set aside.
Spread the potatoes in the bottom of a 5-to-6-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle the chicken with the remaining 1 teaspoon garam masala, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and lay over the potatoes in a single layer. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or low for 6 to 7 hours.
Uncover the slow cooker and stir in the baby spinach until wilted, about 1 minute. Let the curry stand, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken a bit. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon vinegar andcoriander and season with additional salt and pepper. Serve with additional coriander for garnish, with bread on the side for scooping up the sauce, chutney and/or Greek yoghurt.
- Slow Cooker Beef Paprikash
- Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Slow-cooked Curried Chicken with Ca...
- Slow-cooker choucroute
- Slow Cooker Sausage, Bean and Pasta...
- Slow Cooker Pulled Turkey Sandwiche...
- Slow Cooker Mushroom Barley Risotto...
- Chicken and Rice Soup
- Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Cranberry-Walnut Stuffe...
- Cheesy Spinach Baked Penne
- Cheesy Gnocchi Casserole with Ham a...