Made this? How was it?
- 4 carrots,
- 2 leeks, rinsed well,
- 1 1/2kg bone-in beef short ribs, fat trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 120ml reduced-sodium beef stock
- 80ml sherry
- 60ml reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsps honey
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 instant brown rice
- 1/4 fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 green onions
- 2 tbsps minced pickled jalapeno peppers
- 1 tsp lime zest
How to make Slow cooker ginger-soy short ribs and green rice with lime
1) Heat a large Dutch oven or casserole with a tight-fitting lid and arrange the carrots and leeks on the bottom. Season the ribs all over with salt and pepper and place over the vegetables.
2) In a medium bowl,together the stock, sherry, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger and garlic. Pour the mixture over the ribs. Cover and braise for 3-4 hours. This can also be done in a slow cooker; just cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
3) Cook the rice according to the package directions. While the rice is still hot, stir in the coriander, spring onions, jalapeno peppers and lime zest. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Serve the slow cooked ribs and vegetables with the rice.
- Slow cooker Moroccan brisket with r...
- Slow cooker chipotle-lime chicken t...
- Slow cooker split pea soup with cho...
- Scott's short ribs
- Slow cooked Korean-style short rib....
- Penne with braised short ribs
- Fall-off-the-bone short ribs
- Crispy pork fried rice
- Thai chicken salad with peanuts and...
- Slow cooker pepper pork chops
- Asparagus-wild mushroom risotto wit...
- Beef Tacos with Asparagus Salsa