Recipe by Tristan Welch
- 300g salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 4 apples (royal gala preferred)
- 4 pears (conference preferred)
How to make Slow-Roasted Apples and Pears
Mix the salt, egg white, water and thyme and place in a heat proof dish or tinfoil parcel so that it is 3cm deep.
Wash and piece the skin of the apples and pears at the top of the fruit using a small knife or cocktail stick.
Arrange the apples and pears sitting upright in the salt, they are now ready for the BBQ.
To cook the apples and pears brush them with oil. Cook for 15-30 minutes depending on the heat from your barbecue.
- Slow-Roasted Pulled Pork and Creame...
- Spiced Cumin and Aubergine Dip with...
- Stuffing and Gravy from Tristan Wel...
- Garlic onion tortilla cake
- Slow-Roasted Lamb Shoulder with Fet...
- Mexican Street Corn
- Grilled red onions
- Grilled Potatoes with Spicy Tomato....
- Robin Koury's barbecued mac-n-chees...
- Sticky Ribs BBQ'd with Apple, Black...
- BBQ Pineapple Tin Cake
- Spiced BBQ Flat Bread