Recipe by Keegan Gerhard
- 2 salmon fillets with skin
For the marinade:
- 250ml soy sauce
- 125ml olive oil
- 8 to 10 cloves garlic, finely
- 1 (8cm) piece ginger, finely
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Special equipment: smoker
How to make Smoked salmon
1) Wash the salmon fillets thoroughly and place in a pan.
2) In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, ginger and sugar and mix well. Pour the marinade over the fillets and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
3) Add hickory chips to the smoker following the manufacturer's instructions and preheat to 120C.
4) Place the salmon in the smoker and smoke for 60 to 90 minutes, or until the fish flakes nicely. If the fish is skinless, cook on foil.
5) Serve with freshly squeezed lemon juice.