Recipe by Lotte Duncan
- 225g basmati rice
- 1 medium onion, finely
- 1 small leek, finely
- 2 tsps ground coriander
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 2 tsps ground turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 275g smoked salmon, cut into strips
- 4 tsps double cream
- 2 heaped tbsps fresh parsley
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered (see Lotte’s tips)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges and fresh parsley, to garnish
How to make Smoked Salmon Kedgeree
I just love the flavour cooked smoked salmon brings to a dish. In fact if I’m completely honest I only really like smoked salmon when it’s hot, I prefer the texture. And what’s wonderful about this recipe is the fact that you don’t have to faff around cooking the fish first – toss it all in together, give it a stir and enjoy!
Cook the basmati rice according to the packet instructions. Rinse the cooked rice with boiling water and cool.
Melt thein a large, non-stick frying pan or wok and add the onion and leek. Cook gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and then add all the dry spices and cook gently for 1-2 minutes.
Add the rice and stir for 1-2 minutes so the rice takes up the colour and flavour of the spices.
Toss the salmon into the pan and stir in the cream. Next add the parsley and lemon zest and juice. Season with a little salt and pepper and spoon into a serving dish.
Scatter over the cooked egg and garnish with the lemon wedges andparsley.
Recipes taken from 'Lotte's Country Kitchen' by Lotte Duncan, priced £20, published by Absolute Press.
- Blini with smoked salmon
- Smoked salmon pizza
- Smoked salmon
- Smoked salmon and cucumber tartine
- Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
- Smoked Salmon Terrines
- Smoked Salmon and Apple Carpaccio
- Bagels with smoked salmon and white...
- Chicken and Anchovy Trust-Me Pie
- Pork With Green Peas
- Blueberry and Lime Iced Fancies
- Lotte's Sparkly Doughnuts