1. Bring a pot of water to a boil; prepare an ice-water bath. Blanch the snow peas for 30 seconds in the boiling water, then transfer to the ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
2. In a medium sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat. Toast the baguette slices in the pan until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side; drain on paper towels.
3. Season with salt and pepper. While still warm, rub the sides of the toast with the garlic cloves to season.
4. Combine the ricotta and lemon zest and juice in a small mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the ricotta among the toasts.
5. Combine the snow peas with the almonds, mint, vinegar, shallots and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and divide among the toasts.
Recipe courtesy of Geoffrey Zakarian