Serves: 135-170 fluid ounces, 4-5 liters
1. In the traditional oven, roast the chicken bones/pieces at 400F/200C until dark brown (about 1-1/2 hours).
2. Add roasted chicken and onion and all remaining ingredients except for a cup of the water directly to the SousVide Supreme. (Remove the universal rack.)
3. Deglaze the roasting pan by adding the cup of water to the pan and scraping any brown sticky bits, add this to the SousVide Supreme.
4. Set the machine to 194 F/90 C and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
5. Using a ladle, strain the stock through a fine mesh strainer and into large bowl.
6. Using an ice-water bath, cool the stock and put in the refrigerator overnight. (Chilling the stock overnight allows the chicken fat to rise to the top of the liquid.)
7. Scrape and pull the surface fat off and discard.
8. Reserve the stock you will be using for your recipe and pour the remaining into airtight containers and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Recipe courtesy of SousVide Supreme