Made this? How was it?
For the glaze:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp kecap manis (available at Asian groceries)
- 2 tbsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp honey
For the burgers:
- 450g turkey mince
- 2 tbsp finely fresh coriander
- 2 tsp natural creamy peanut , room temperature
- 2 tsp Thai fish sauce (available at Asian groceries) see note
- 0.5 tsp Thai Sriracha chilli sauce (available at Asian groceries) see note
- 0.5 tsp minced lemongrass (optional)
- 0.25 tsp lime zest
- 0.25 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 0.25 tsp freshly peeled ginger
- 1 small clove garlic, minced and to a paste with 0.5g salt
For the serving:
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Mung bean, alfalfa, radish sprouts or pea shoots
- spring onions
How to make Southeast asian style turkey burgers
1) Combine the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, stirring, over high heat. Set aside to cool.
2) In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, fresh coriander, peanut, fish sauce, chilli sauce, lemongrass, citrus zests, lime juice, ginger and garlic with salt. Mix with a fork until thoroughly combined. Form into 4 patties, each about 1cm thick.
3) Heat a stove top griddle pan or barbeque to medium-high heat. Cook the burgers until just cooked through, about 4.5 minutes per side. Brush both sides with the glaze.
4) Serve on a bun garnished with mung bean, alfalfa, radish sprouts or pea shoots and spring onions. Drizzle with more glaze if desired.
Cook's Note: Substitute 2 tsp soy sauce for the fish sauce if necessary. If the Sriracha sauce is unavailable substitute 1ml hot sauce.