- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 ham
- 0.33 parmesan cheese
- 0.25 reduced-fat sour cream
- 0.50 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic cloves
- 0.25 teaspoon black pepper
How to make Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
- Cook pasta according to package directions: omit salt and fat.
- Drain pasta in a colander over o bowl reserving 1/2 cup liquid.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium high.
- Add the ham and cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Add the pasta and stir well.
- Combine the cheese through garlic stirring with a whisk.
- Pour egg mixture over pasta and stir well.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens stirring constantly--do not boil.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
(Courtesy of Food.com)