2) Place the steaks on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the herbs de Provence on both sides of the steaks and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes for medium-well. Allow the steaks to rest for 10 minutes.
3) Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil over a high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and reserve about 250ml of the pasta water.
4) In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest and 60ml of olive oil. Process until the mixture is coarsely chopped.
5) Place the cooked pasta, tomato mixture and smoked almonds in a large serving bowl. Toss well and thin out the sauce with a little pasta water, if needed. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6) Garnish with Parmesan cheese and chopped basil. Slice the steaks into 6mm slices and serve with the pasta.
Cook's Note: The steaks can also be grilled over a medium-high heat on a preheated grill or gas or charcoal grill for about five minutes on each side.