2) In a large deep casserole with a lid, or a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and brown for 2 minutes, then add the chicken and lightly brown.
3) Stir in the mushrooms, onions and garlic and add the bay leaf, salt and pepper, to taste, and the thyme. Put on the lid and increase the heat to high for 5 minutes to soften the vegetables. Stir in the flour, add the sherry and stir a minute more, then add the saffron broth.
4) While the vegetables soften, put the dumpling mix in a bowl and stir in the parsley and paprika. Prepare the dumplings according to the package directions.
5) Drop eight small mounds of dumpling dough onto the surface of the chicken and sauce. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
6) Ladle the chicken and dumplings into shallow bowls and serve hot.