2) In a saucepan over a medium-high heat, combine the soy sauce, water and ginger and bring to the boil. Pour the mixture into the bottom of a roasting pan and place the ribs on a rack in the pan.
3) Brush the ribs with the chipotle-molasses sauce. Place in the oven and bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, basting every 15 minutes with the sauce.
For the chipotle-molasses BBQ sauce:
1) Heat the oil over a medium heat in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
2) Add the chilli powders and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
3) Add the remaining ingredients, except the peanut butter, and simmer for an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until thickened slightly, stirring occasionally.
4) Transfer the mixture to a food processor, add the peanut butter and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour into a bowl and allow to cool at room temperature.