This SimplyCook recipe takes just 20 minutes to cook, saving you precious time in the kitchen. SimplyCook have sourced quality ingredients to make this money-saving meal the perfect alternative to costly recipe book equivalents.
1. Bring 750ml of water to the boil in a saucepan and then add the vegetable stock. Keep warm on a low heat.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a heavy-based pan or frying pan and fry the onion and roasted garlic paste on a high heat until soft. Then add the spice blend and stir-fry for another minute. Add the rice and half of the butternut squash and fry for 4 minutes making sure all the grains are coated in the spice blend and translucent.
3. Add the wine (optional) to the rice mixture and cook until completely absorbed. Then start adding the warm stock (2 ladles at a time), stirring regularly and cooking until absorbed each time before adding more. This process should take approximately 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in another pan or frying pan add 1 tbsp of oil and bring the pan to high heat. Fry the remaining butternut squash for approximately 5 minutes, until lightly coloured. Add the pine nuts and prosciutto strips (optional) and cook for a further 2 minutes.
6. Finish the risotto by stirring in the butter and half of the Parmesan. Serve on plates with the fried butternut squash, prosciutto, pine nuts and remaining Parmesan.
Recipe courtesy of Simply Cook
Simply Cook provide you with tailored recipes and a selection of hero ingredient kits delivered to your door every month making cooking delicious new meals quick and accessible. Find out more at SimplyCook.com