2) In the same pan with the bacon fat add the garlic, chillies, bay leaves and dried peas and stir to combine.
3) Pour in the chicken stock and add the tomatoes. Simmer over medium-low heat for 1 hour until the peas are tender.
4) Transfer about 240ml to 480ml of the peas to a blender and puree until smooth. Place the blended peas back into the pan and stir to incorporate.
5) Add the thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
6) Place in a serving dish and dress the peas with the lemon juice, spring onions, coriander and crispy bacon before serving.