2) Preheat the oven to 170C/Gas 3. Wrap the ribs, meat side down, in the aluminium foil then place onto a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 110C/Gas 1/4 and cook for another 1 1/2 hours. Open the foil and cook for 1 hour.
3) Remove the ribs from the oven and discard the foil. Cut into 4-rib portions. Liberally slather on the spicy cherry glaze, then place, bone side down, in a roasting pan. Pour the remaining sauce over the ribs and continue to cook for 1 1/2 hours, basting occasionally.
4) When the ribs are fork tender, place under the grill for 10 minutes to crisp the cherry glaze. Serve immediately garnished with spring onions and sesame seeds.
For the spicy cherry glaze:
1) In a medium saute pan over medium heat, add the oil, onion, ginger, cherries and garlic. Saute until lightly caramelised.
2) Deglaze with the tequila, hot sauce, sesame oil, sherry wine vinegar and soy sauce and simmer for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.