Made this? How was it?
- 1 Earl Grey tea bag
- 1 chile de arbol
- 3 allspice berries, crushed
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 18 prunes, stones removed
- 6-8 rashers streaky bacon, cut in half
How to make Spicy Devils on Horseback
Pour 75ml boiling water over the tea bag and add the chile de arbol and allspice. Let the tea infuse for 2-3 minutes before removing the tea bag and allowing the mixture to cool, but leaving in the spices.
When cool, add the prunes and brandy and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least a few hours, but preferably overnight.
Pre-heat the oven to 200°C or use a hot grill. Remove the prunes from the marinade and carefully wrap in enough bacon to cover the prune entirely.
Bake for about 10 minutes, basting occasionally with the marinade, or alternatively grill for 5 minutes on each side, until the bacon is crispy and cooked through. And watch out, the prunes will be hot!
- Christmassy, Luxurious Chicken Live...
- Easy Goat’s Cheese Soufflés with...
- Caramelised Scallop, Avocado and Or...
- Melted Camembert with Cherry Jam
- Smoked salmon and egg salad tartine...
- Tuna caper crostini
- Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs
- Pork spring roll with broccoli cole...
- Black Pudding Fritters
- Flatbread and Prawns with Asian Sau...
- Mini Yorkshire Puddings with Parma....
- Homemade granola bars