Made this? How was it?
For the salad:
- 1 green papaya
- 2 large carrots peeled
- 2 Thai red chillies
- 1-inch ginger, or finely
- 2 sticks of lemongrass, finely
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 limes
- 100g French beans
- 4 spring onions, on a slant
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp Pad Thai sauce
- 3 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 4 soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful coriander,
- Handful of small mint leaves
- 50g dry roasted peanuts
For the skewers:
- 400g chicken, cubed
- 300g de-veined prawns, whole
How to make Spicy Shrimp Kebabs and Papaya Salad
If using a mandolin, carefullythe papaya and the carrots into fine strips or alternatively use a knife and put into a large bowl.
Into a large pestle and mortar add the chillies, ginger, lemongrass, garlic and grind to a paste. Zest the lime and add to mortar. Cut the beans into 1 inch pieces and add. Give them a little crush so the get slightly bruised. Add the spring onions, sesame oil, pad Thai sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce, fish sauce and the juice of the limes.
Add the ingredients from the mortar to the papaya, carrots and cherry tomatoes.
the coriander and add along with the mint leaves. Put into a serving dish and sprinkle over the roasted nuts.
Place cubed chicken on skewers. Griddle the chicken on the barbecue until cooked through and beautifully charred.
Place whole prawns on skewers. Griddle until cooked through.
- Whole Mackerel with Orange, Chilli....
- BBQ Rump of Lamb with Cumin Rub
- Spiced Cumin and Aubergine Dip with...
- BBQ Tandoori Chicken with Onion Bha...
- Honey and mustard prawn skewers
- Almond Hummus
- Chicken and Prawn with Pancetta Chi...
- Lamb Kebabs
- Green papaya salad and lemongrass c...
- Pad Thai chicken burger
- Sweet and spicy red fez burger with...
- Jumbo Prawns with Coriander and Chi...