Recipe by Guy Fieri
- 75g finely shallots
- 1 large or 2 medium oranges, zested
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 180ml orange juice
- 420ml chicken stock
- 160ml dry white wine
- 2 habanero peppers, cut into quarters, stems and veins removed
- 60ml orange liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- 9 large sea scallops rinsed and dried
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chives and orange , for garnish
How to make Spicy orange glazed scallops
1) Cook the shallots and orange zest in 2 tbsp of olive oil over a medium-high heat until they begin to brown. Add the orange juice, stock, wine and habanero. Cook over high heat to reduce.
2) Taste often and remove and discard the habaneros when the desired heat is achieved. After the habaneros are removed, add the orange liqueur.
3) Brush the scallops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sear the scallops on a grill pan to a slightly under-cooked state, about 3 1/2 minutes per side but watch them closely.
4) Remove the scallops from the grill pan and add them to the thickened orange glaze, tossing to coat well until scallops are cooked to the desired doneness.
5) Smear three clean plates with orange glaze and top each with 3 scallops. Drizzle the scallops with more glaze and garnish with the chives and orange.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.
- Sauteed Scallops with a Piquillo Pe...
- Guy's spicy Spanish rice
- YJ's fish and banana leaves
- Strawberry margarita
- Rhode Island chowder
- Sweet and spicy onion relish
- Scallops Provencal
- Pappardelle with scallops
- Boneless pork chop with red wine cr...
- Black bean and corn salad
- Lentil puttanesca with salmon
- Honky tonk sweet and spicy salad dr...