1. Preheat the oven to 230°C. Line baking sheets with foil.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the lemon juice, salt, black pepper, cayenne and garlic, and stir. Set aside.
3. Rinse and pat the chicken legs dry. With metal tongs, dip them one by one into the butter mixture and place on the prepared baking sheets.
4. Once all of the chicken legs are coated and on the baking sheet, take a pastry brush and give them one last coating of the butter mixture.
5. Place them into the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, basting a couple of times during roasting. If they need a bit more color, turn on the broiler for a couple minutes and watch them closely.
6. Remove them when they are nice and golden brown and fully cooked.