Made this? How was it?
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
- 50g Parmigiano or Romano, a couple of handfuls
- 55g pancetta, 4 ,
- 3 cloves garlic,
- Splash red wine
- 125ml beef stock
- 225g petite tomatoes or stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 75g bread crumbs, 3 generous handfuls, Italian or plain
- 1 egg
- 1 red pepper, finely
- 1 large onion, and divided
- 2 ribs celery,
- 150g shredded carrots
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning, plus coarse black pepper for finishing sauce
- 225g beef mince
- 340g bulk hot sausage
- 340g minced sweet sausage
- Serving suggestion: green salad
How to make Spicy Sausage Meatloaf Patties with Italian Barbecue Sauce
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling
1 red bell pepper, finely
1 large onion, and divided
2 ribs celery,
150g shredded carrots
Salt and pepper, for seasoning, plus coarse black pepper for finishing sauce
225g ground beef
340g bulk hot sausage
340g ground sweet sausage
75g bread crumbs, 3 generous handfuls, Italian or plain
50g Parmigiano or Romano, a couple of handfuls
55g pancetta, 4 ,
3 cloves garlic,
Splash red wine
125ml beef stock
225g petite tomatoes or stewed tomatoes
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons hot sauce
Serving suggestion: green salad
Preheat oven to 220C/Gas 7.
Heat a small skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. When the oil is hot, saute the red pepper, half the onions, celery and carrots together, 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper then remove to a plate to cool.
Mix ground beef and sausages with egg, bread crumbs, cheese, and cooled vegetables. Form 4 large oval shaped patties no more than 3cm thick then drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Place in the oven on a baking sheet and bake 17 to 18 minutes, until cooked through.
Heat a medium sauce pot over medium high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the pan and the pancetta. Let the pancetta crisp up a bit and render fat, then add onions and garlic and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add a splash of red wine to deglaze the pan. Stir in the beef stock and tomatoes and season sauce heavily with coarse black pepper. Add Worcestershire and hot sauce and reduce heat to warm.
Serve meatloaves with Italian barbecue sauce on top and green salad alongside.
- Grilled fish sammies with garlic ta...
- Baby lamb chops with parsley and mi...
- Reuben mac n cheese
- MOP sausage burgers
- Sweet and spicy brussels sprouts
- Smoky beer burgers with creamy must...
- Chicken sausage patties
- Turkey cutlets with sausage and cou...
- Lamb burgers with feta sauce and sp...
- Chicken sausage burgers with balsam...
- Hot sausage burgers with broccoli r...
- Grilled buffalo ribs with pineapple...