More Recipes You May Like
For the meatballs:
- 225g prawns, peeled, deveined
- 4 green onions,
- 1 (5cm) finger fresh ginger, finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 serrano peppers, seeded,
- 450g pork mince
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsps tamari sauce
- 1/4 fresh coriander leaves
- 1 lime, zested, juiced
- 3 tbsps groundnut oil
For the sauce:
- 1 mango, peeled, flesh
- 1 star fruit,
- 1 Asian pear, seeds removed, flesh
- 3 tbsps palm sugar or piloncillo (Mexican brown sugar)
- 60ml tamarind juice, or 2 tbsps tamarind paste dissolved in 60ml water
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
How to make Spicy prawn and pork meatballs with rujak sauce
1) Add the prawns, onions, ginger, garlic, peppers and pork to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the egg, tamari, coriander, lime zest and juice and mix together until well combined.
2) Form the mixture into small balls using a scoop. Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the meatballs until a good crust forms, before turning, about 2 minutes.
1) Add all the fruit to a food processor and quickly pulse. Add the sugar, tamarind and chilli flakes and puree until the mixture becomes a thick sauce.
2) Put a little of the sauce into a serving bowl and top with the meatballs. Serve with bowls of sauce on the side and a container of cocktail sticks.
Cook's note: Rujak is a spicy mixed fruit salad found throughout Indonesia. Here I puree it to make a sweet and spicy sauce for meatballs.
Can't find star fruit? Substitute a can of drained pineapple pieces.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs cannot make representation as to the results.