Recipe by Giada De Laurentiis
- 1.3kg watermelon, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 50g caster sugar
- 180ml watermelon flavoured 70 proof vodka
- 10g fresh mint leaves,
How to make Spiked watermelon ice lollies
Special equipment: 16 (60ml) ice lolly moulds, 16 wooden pop sticks or wooden coffee stirrers at least 5cm longer than the moulds.
1) In a blender, combine the watermelon, sugar, and vodka.until the mixture is smooth. Add the mint and pulse once to combine. Pour the mixture into the ice lolly moulds. Insert the wooden sticks all the way down the inside the moulds. Freeze for at least 10 hrs or preferably overnight.
2) To unfreeze the ice lollies, insert the moulds in hot water for 5 to 10 secs. Serve immediately.
* Cook's Note: For non-alcoholic watermelon ice lollies, substitute 180ml orange juice for the vodka.