More Recipes You May Like
- 4 sirloins steaks to 1 cm
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 115 g button mushrooms
- 1 pint English pale ale (recommended: Bass)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 115 g
- 2 tbsps plain flour
How to make Steak and ale
1) Season steaks on both sides with salt, pepper and. Put onto a hot griddle and brown on both sides.
2) In a Dutch oven or cast iron fry pan, add 60 g, onions, mushrooms and salt. Place lid on top and allow them to sweat.
3) Add beer and place steaks in pan. Allow to stew until tender.
4) Combine the thyme, parsley, nutmeg, remainingand flour together. Use this to thicken the sauce so as to be able to coat the back of a spoon.