Made this? How was it?
- 260g strong plain flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 255g butter at room temperature but not soft
- 195-240ml cold water
- 1 medium swede peeled, cut into quarters and thinly
- 1 medium potato peeled, cut in half and thinly
- 100g minced beef
- 400g ribeye, into finger-sized strips
- 1 medium onion peeled and
- 4 of mature cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper
How to make Steak and Cheese Pasty
In a bowl, sift the flour and add the salt. Cut the butter into cubes and add to flour, rub in with your fingers not mixing everything completely. It is important to see some chunks of butter.
Make a well in the center and add two-thirds of the water. Mix until it forms a dough. Add more water if needed. Wrap in clingfilm and rest in fridge for an hour.
On a floured surface divide the flour into four. Take one and roll out until you have a rough circle 1/4-cm inches thick. You will still see parts of butter in the pastry. Take a small handful of the swede and lay in one half of the pastry, repeat with the potato then take a quarter of the beef and a quarter of the minced beef and lay on top of the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper then add a sprinkle of the onions. Finally add the cheese.
Fold the pastry over and with hands cupping the edge, cut around to give a semi circle. Take a corner of the edge and then fold over and pinch. Repeat to form the crimp around the pasty.
Repeat to make four pasties. Brush with egg wash and in a pre-heated 190°C oven bake for 40 minutes. Allow to rest for 30 minutes before eating.
- Philly Cheese Steak Pasty
- Thai Red Curry Scotch Eggs
- Mini Welsh Beef Burgers with Gorgon...
- Rhubarb and Custard Tart
- Chorizo and Egg Pie
- Steak and Yorkie Wrap
- Chorizo Sausage Rolls
- White Chocolate and Raspberry Tart
- Three Cheese and Leek Quiche
- Chicken and Ham Hock Pie
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
- Meat pies