Made this? How was it?
- 400g (or two 250g fillets) white pomfret
- 1 tomato, into 6 wedges
- 5 pickled plums (bottled vinegared version)
- 3 dried chinese mushrooms, soaked and
- 50 g pork fat, par-boiled and thinly
- 1 red chilli,
- Coriander to garnish
- Spring onions to garnish
How to make Steamed pomfret fish
Find out more about Makansutra's Steamed Pomfret Fish.
1) Clean and wash the fish. Score fish on both sides from head to tail as if to fillet and de-bone it but do not cut through. Set aside for steaming.
2) Place the fish on a steaming plate. Stick porcelain soup spoon on the lower part of the fish to expose fish and lift it a bit so as to allow for even steaming.
3) Arrange tomato, pickled plums, mushrooms and pork fat over the fish. Pour a teaspoon of pickled plum vinegar over the fish.
4) Steam fish for 7 minutes (440g fish) or 5 minutes (250g fish).
Garnish fish with red chilli, spring onions and coriander and serve.
6. Serve with steamed rice.
- Steamed Sea Bass with Ginger and Mu...
- Steamed sea bass with spring onions...
- Sweet and Sour Fish Fillets
- Black Bean Mussels with Chinese Be....
- Cured trout and young vegetables
- Ginger and Mushroom Wined Clams
- Chilli rubbed salmon
- Seared salmon with ponzu and baby p...
- Asian-style mussels
- Poached tiger prawns with clams, pa...
- Steamed ginger sole with lemon soy....
- Nyonya vegetable stew (Nyonya chap....