Recipe by Bobby Chinn
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 fresh chillies, halved, seeded and finely
- 3 cloves garlic, finely
- 2 ginger, finely
- 1 spring onion, finely
- 1/2 head round white cabbage, cut into 2cm squares
- 2 cakes dried tofu, cubed
- 65g roasted peanuts, shells and membranes removed
- 1 small stalk fresh celery, tough fibres removed, finely
For the Sauce:
- 2 tbsp fermented hot bean sauce (dou ban jiang)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp wine
- 1 tbsp water
How to make Stir-Fried Tofu with Roasted Peanuts
Cut tofu crossways into 1/4cm-thick. Place tofu between paper towels until barely moist. Cut crossways into 1/4cm cubes.
Heat oil in a large nonstick frying-pan over medium-high heat. Add tofu; sauté for five minutes, browning on all sides. Add chillies, garlic, ginger, spring onion, celery,cabbage; cook for three minutes, stirring frequently. Add the sauce and cook for one minute. Remove from heat.
- Bobby Chinn’s Spring Roll
- Asian Chicken Salad with Cellophane...
- Healthy sweet and sour king prawn s...
- Vietnamese Crab Salad
- Thai Beef Salad
- Red Curry Chicken Stir-Fry
- Hot and Sour Soup
- Sweet n sour sirloin stir-fry with....
- Dublin Bay prawn and samphire stir-...
- Spicy tofu and edamame beans
- Szechuan 'Kong Pow' Chicken
- Tofu stir-fry with fried rice