2) Stir in the steel cut oats, quick oats and the butter; continue stirring on a low heat for 5 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
3) Combine your yolks and the remaining sugar in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Temper the egg mixture into the hot liquid let the ice cream base cook until it coats the back of the spoon.
4) Quickly strain through a chinois so that the oatmeal does not solidify. Put into a water bath to chill.
5) When the base is cold pour into the ice cream machine and spin.
For the roasted strawberries:
1) Preheat oven to 200C/Gas 6.
2) Clean and cut the strawberries depending on the size of them in quarters or halves, as long as they are all the same size in the end.
3) Sprinkle 50g of sugar over the cut strawberries and a pinch or salt.
4) Rub a sheet pan or cookie sheet with butter until nicely covered. Place the buttered sheet pan in the oven for 2 to 3 mins so it gets very hot. Carefully pull the sheet pan out of the oven and pour the strawberries on the hot sheet pan (be careful of the splatter). Place the sheet pan with the strawberries back in the oven for 3 mins. After the 3 mins pull out of the oven let cool slightly and enjoy.
5) Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4.
6) Cut your cold butter into small dice and set aside in the refrigerator.
7) Combine all the ingredients, oats, sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon. Put the dry ingredients in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment on a medium-slow speed. Mix until all the ingredients are evenly dispersed. Add the cold butter and drop the diced butter into the mixer only a few cubes at a time. While the machine is running do not walk away from it, you do not want the mixture to over mix. You will know that the streusel is done when it has just come together and the colour will change from pale light brown to medium tan.
8) Grease a 1/2 sheet pan or cookie sheet with cooking spray then a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle the streusel onto the cookie sheet. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes depending on the how crunchy or chewy you like it to be.
For the assembly:
1) In a sundae glass of your choice first layer the bottom with roasted strawberries, then oatmeal streusel then a scoop of the oatmeal ice cream. Repeat layers and garnish with a cinnamon stick and fresh strawberries.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.