Recipe by: Food Network Kitchens
Age Restricted Content
More Recipes You May Like
- 210g plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 135g granulated sugar
- 170g unsalted , melted
- 2 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 120ml milk
- 165g sugar, sifted
- 5g finely lime zest
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 drop green food colouring
- 6 large ripe strawberries, hulled
- Green sanding sugar
- Fresh mint leaves or candied leaves
How to make Strawberry Lime Stuffed Cupcakes
Equipment: 6-cup jumbo muffin tin
1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2) the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
3) In another medium bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until light and foamy, about 2 mins. While beating, gradually pour in the and then the vanilla.
4) While mixing slowly, add half the dry ingredients, then add all the milk, and follow with the rest of the dry ingredients. Take care not to over mix the batter. Divide the batter evenly in the prepared tin.
5) Bake until a tester inserted in the centre of the cakes comes out clean, about 30 mins. Cool cupcakes on a rack in the tin for 10 mins, then remove. Cool on the rack completely.
6) For the : Mix the sugar and lime zest in a medium bowl. Add the lime juice and mix with an electric mixer to make a firm but pourable . (If needed, add up to 1 tsp more juice, but take care if the is too loose it doesn't set properly.) Add food colour to make a pale pastel green .
7) For the assembly: Remove cupcake from its liner. Cut and remove a strawberry (coned) shaped portion of cupcake from the top of each cupcake, leaving about 2cm of cake in the bottom. Stuff each cake with a strawberry and cover with a little bit of cake. Spoon and spread over the top of the cupcakes. Sprinkle with green sanding sugar. Top with small mint leaves or candied leaves.