- 1 shortening
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 0.75 powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 0.75 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 0.25 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 eggs
- 2 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2.25 all-purpose flour
- 3 medium apple
- 1.50 rolled oat
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4.50 tablespoons butter
- 0.50 caramel ice cream topping
How to make Streusel Apple Pie Cookies
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly coat with baking spray.
- In a large bowl use an electric mixer to cream together shortening, both sugars, vanilla, salt and spices scraping bowl with silicon spatula.
- Beat in egg and yolks, scraping bowl as needed.
- Beat in baking powder, and flour again scraping the bowl as needed.
- Mix in the apples and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While dough is chilling pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile, make streusel topping. In a food precessor combine oats, both sugars, and spices. Pulse 2 or 3 times, enough to just chop the oats.
- Drizzle in the melted butterthen pulse 1 or 2 more times to just mix. Set aside.
- Drop 1 TBSP balls of chilled dough on prepared cookie sheets leaving about 2 inches in between each.
- Use fingers to slightly flatten each cookie; they will be sticky.
- Carefeully sprinkle with streusel mixture, bake for 13 to 15 minutes use a spatula to transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Be sure to let baking sheet cool in between batches.
- If desired just before serving drizzle each cookie with caramel sauce.
(Courtesy of Food.com)