1. Preheat the oven 200°C.
2. Heat the oil in a wide heavy bottomed pan over a medium heat until hot.
3. Add the shallots and celery cook for 2-3 minutes until they sweat and soften.
4. Now add the garlic and ginger and cook for a minute to release their aroma.
5. Remove from the heat and transfer to a mixing bowl.
6. Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl. Combine thoroughly.
7. Blanch the duck in boiling water for 5 minutes.
8. Remove from the pan and pat dry.
9. Prick the skin all over with a skewer and then season with salt and pepper.
10. Stuff the cavity with the stuffing and place the sliced onions on to the base of your roasting tray.
11. Perch the stuffed duck on to the onions and roast for 20 minutes.
12. Reduce the heat to 180°C.
13. Continue to roast the birds for a further 30 minutes. In the meantime, make the glaze by putting all the ingredients into a small saucepan.
14. Heat the mixture until the jam melts.
15. Paint the duck with the glaze and roast for a further 5 minutes.
16. Remove the duck from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
17. Serve with seasonal vegetables and roast potatoes.